Get married in the traditional Kandyan way up in the hill capital around the bend of the Mahaweli River at Cinnamon Citadel Kandy. We have the perfect location with a beautiful garden facing the gentle river.
The traditional weddings in Kandy hail from centuries of culture and history revolving around the last kingdom to withstand colonial rule. These traditions have endured until the present day and can be the magical element you are looking for on the day you tie the knot. Go back in time and dress like kings and queens on your wedding day.
Base package – USD 2300
Your wedding package will include:
- A traditional outdoor poruwa ceremony (the poruwa is a decorated wooden platform for a traditional Sri Lankan ceremony)
- Professional hair and makeup for the bride.
- Traditional attire for the bride and groom.
- A fresh flower bouquet for the bride.
- A complimentary bottle of sparkling wine.
- A DVD of the ceremony as a keepsake.
- Traditional Sri Lankan drummers and dancing.
- Traditional blessings for the couple.
- Wedding cake with traditional Sri Lankan sweets.
- Wedding photography.
- Private candlelit dinner on the property for the couple.
- Cocktails for the couple.
- Canapes and drinks for 10 guests.
- Registration fees and marriage certificate compulsory.
Platinum Package – USD 2500
- Traditional poruwa ceremony decorated with 800 fresh flowers
- A settee back decorated with fresh flowers
- Professional hairdressing for the Bride
- A flower bouquet for the Bride
- A bottle of sparkling wine
- A DVD covering the ceremony
- Traditional Sri Lankan dancers and drummers
- Traditional Blessing for the couple
- Fruits, flowers and chocolates for the guests
- A Wedding Gift for the couple
- A Wedding cake or milk rice with sweets
- Wedding Photography: – 50 printed photographs and more in a soft copy – A poster-size photograph (17” X 22”)
- Private candlelit dinner for the couple at a location chosen on your preference
- Cocktails for the couple
- Breakfast with champagne by the river
- Traditional attire for the Bride and Groom
- Canapes and soft drinks for 10 guests
- Compulsory requirements at the Wedding including poster-size – Registration fees – Marriage certificate – Translation of the certificate and witnesses if required.
- Sri Lankan Cultural show – USD 200
- Live Music – saxophonist, flautist, violinist- USD 100
- DJ music – USD 150
- Boat ride along the river for the going-away – USD 100
- A Wedding cake with 02 tiers – USD 150